For over 170 years, Hospitality Action, the Hospitality Industry Benevolent Organisation, has offered vital assistance to all who work, or have worked within hospitality in the UK and who find themselves in crisis.
They support people;
- With illnesses such as Parkinson’s Disease, cancer and Multiple SclerosisExperiencing poverty, bereavement and domestic violence
- With sick or disabled children
- Of all ages with a large proportion of those assisted under the age of 60
Funds raised as a result of this sailing challenge fundraising appeal will be used for;
- Grants for essential items including food, clothing and central heating
- Supporting often isolated and lonely retired hospitality workers
- Holding seminars via The Ark Foundation to tackle the sometimes devastating effects of drugs and excessive alcohol consumption for Industry students and employees
The Ark Foundation, started in 2007, is now part of Hospitality Action and has worked with many leading hospitality businesses to help them protect against the devastating consequences of alcohol and drug misuse.
I’ve chosen to support this charity because of;
- Hospitality Action’s excellent work with catering and hospitality workers
- My frequent contact, through work, with people in the hospitality industry
- And because in a previous life I worked in catering and understand some of the demands and pressures of the industry
I’m hoping that interest in my sailing challenge together with the generosity of colleagues, friends, and people in the catering industry, or involved in sailing or canoeing will enable me to raise at least £10,000 for Hospitality Action. Agri-Energy has offered to match every pound raised up to a maximum of £10,000 – making the combined fundraising target £20,000.